13th IWA Specialized Conference on Small Water and Wastewater Systems & 5th IWA Specialized Conference on Resources-Oriented Sanitation
|Last Date||16 09 2016|
|Event||14 09 2016 - 16 09 2016|
The Sanitary Engineering Laboratory of the National Technical University of Athens together with the Hellenic Water Association hosted the 13th IWA Specialized Conference on Small Water and Wastewater Systems (SWWS) together with the 5th IWA Specialized Conference on Resources-Oriented Sanitation (ROS).
The event was a continuation of the previous successful Conferences of the 10th SWWS and 3rd ROS (Venice, Italy), the 11th SWWS (Harbin, China) and the 12th SWWS and 4th ROS (Muscat, Oman). The Conference brought together researchers, engineers, water practitioners from academia, industry, water utilities, public authorities and administration to exchange know how and experiences. Within the Conference knowledge and expertise was disseminated on innovative systems, technologies and processes which are/can be applied at small and decentralized regions for the management of water and wastewater.
The whole water supply chain was considered from water abstraction to treated wastewater disposal and reuse. Furthermore, resource oriented sanitation as a route to sustainable and ecologically sound sanitation was discussed.
- Small scale and decentralized water treatment and management systems
- Small scale and decentralized wastewater treatment and management systems
- Water reuse, recycle and conservation at household and decentralized level
- Sludge treatment and reuse
- Environmental policy and legislation
- Nutrient recovery/removal
- Decentralized wastewater collection systems
- Environmental microbiology and population dynamics
- On site systems
- Case studies of small water and wastewater treatment plants
- Anaerobic and aerobic treatment processes
- Resources-oriented sanitation systems
- Ancient water and wastewater management systems
- Environmental and cost sustainability tools
- Fate and removal of micropollutants
- Monitoring of water bodies
- Historic evolution of small scale and decentralized water and wastewater treatment system
ICRA made a presentation during the event (paper was made jointly with UNESCO-IHE) on 'Organic micropollutants in the water cycle of a Euro-Mediterranean resort: occurrence and perspectives of decentralised water reuse' . For more information: please check here.
- from 14 09 2016 to 16 09 2016